Registration Link Blocks
Chorus America uses Drupal Blocks to display different registration links on conference registration pages (e.g. /conf2019/registration) to the site visitor, depending on what role they have. Since the site uses the Display Suite to control the page layout of microsite pages, the configuration of displaying these registration blocks is handled in two parts: making the block available to be added to a display, and configuring a specific content type display to show the block.
Blocks that are intended to be added to particular content type displays need not be configured in a region on the Administration » Structure » Blocks screen.
Configure Display Suite to show our blocks on Display config screens
- Go to Administration » Structure » Display Suite » Fields
- Click the Add a Block link above the Fields list.
- Enter a label for the block. We recommend using an abbreviated form of the Block name (e.g.
conf anon ex reg txt for
Conference Anonymous exhibitor registration text) so the machine name makes sense.
- Pro tip: edit the Field name after initial save to restore a full human readable name, or click the little "edit" link beside the machine name when creating the Field initially.
Node under Entities so we can include our block on Node displays.
- Select the Block from the provided drop-down menu.
- Check the "Respect Block Visibility" checkbox to ensure our blocks display for the correct roles.
- Default Layout is probably fine, or choose what makes sense here.
- Click Save.
Configure the Microsite Content page to display our blocks
- Go toAdministration » Structure » Content types » Microsite Content » Manage display
- Make sure you are editing the Full Content version of this display.
- Locate your block in the Disabled section, and move it to the region you wish for it to display.
- Pro tip: Adding the block to the Default version of the display as well will help ensure the block is added to any other versions of this Display that may be created in the future.
- Once the block has been added to the Display, click save.
A critical piece of this process that was required for this to work, was enabling the Display Suite UI module. This has already been implemented, so there is no need to include it in the instructions below.