Automated Emails and Using Scheduled Reminders
Scheduled Reminders feature, including using templates from Mosaico, HTML import into Scheduled Reminders, and setting up reminders for events and pledges.
What is a Scheduled Reminder
- A scheduled reminder is like a mailing, but it is scheduled completely automatically
- A scheduled reminder is for a particular database entity type, e.g. Events, Memberships, Contributions.
- Contacts will be selected based on their connection to the entity
- Contacts can be filtered or supplemented via (smart) groups
- Scheduling can be by calendar or relative
The Three Ways to Manage Scheduled Reminders
- Administer > Communications > Scheduled Reminders
- Event Tab
- Amount Tab on Pledge Contribution Pages
- For Pledge Reminders (not proper "Scheduled Reminders") edit the pledge settings to set time-intervals.
- Administer > Communications > Message templates > System Workflow Messages
- Create templates in Mosaico in advance, and select the template when configuring the reminder.
Create a filter group
Create a Scheduled Reminder
- walk through interface and options.
- Identify all entities needing reminders:
- Same tokens as CiviMail
- Additional tokens only available for Scheduled Reminders
- Entity-based tokens only work for that entity i.e. Membership tokens will only populate if the reminder is for a Membership entity (even though all entities can be inserted using the "Token" drop-down)
Custom tokens for Organization Information for the Membership
Calls to Action: Membership
Include a link to the Org Dashboard, with language that prompts the user to update the organization’s contact info and relationships, and renew the organization’s membership.
- Note: We are recommending this CTA as we feel it will be much more relaiable in the long term vs. creating a link to a contribution page using the org’s contact ID and checksum value.
- Note: Actual name of token TBD.
Failed Recurring or Pledge Payments
We haven't found a reliable way to determine in advance that a credit card being used for a recurring payment will expire, as it does not appear that CiviCRM or the iATS extension makes this information (expiry date) available.
Custom Token Specification
Identify Entity selections needing scheduled reminders configured.
- Membership Owner Org Name
Link to the OrgDashboard (using org ID)
Org-ID too (but rather extraneous)
CA realizes they need to work this out... follow-up to confirm they have completed this. Ed is happy to setup the groups.
Email Reputation Management
Review with Ed what his current monitoring practices are.
Set-up dmarc policy.
Require links in emails.
Document Do Not Email
Ed's question about conference registration
Evan's assessment: re-do the template file for the conference pages to fix the available regions. Also.. maybe define a new region.
Define Steps as include/exclude groups.
People in (previous group) who have not done the next step.
What happens if you add a contact into the smart group... can they be automatically excluded if they complete the next step.